The pursuit of scientific evidence that grounding impacts human physiology and health began with Drs. Karol and Pawel Sokal in Poland and Clint Ober in the United States in the 1990s.
The research that has followed has produced fascinating evidence of a powerful and positive shift in the electrical state of the body and the electrodynamics of blood, and a boost to self-healing and self-regulating mechanisms.
We believe that Grounding allows a transfer of electrons from the ground into the body. We know that inflammation is caused by free radicals and that free radicals are neutralized by electrons from any source. Electrons are the source of the neutralizing power of antioxidants.
In the Grounding studies, as well as global feedback from thousands of individuals who have grounded themselves, we have consistent evidence of people whose chronic discomfort has been reduced. Such reduction of chronic discomfort is evidence (but not proof) that inflammation is reduced. However, the studies point clearly in that direction.
The titles of the studies conducted to date are listed below. The most recent are co-authored by Deepak Chopra, M.D.. Click on the titles to read the studies.
- The Effects of Grounding on Bodyworkers’ Pain and Overall Quality of Life: A randomized Controlled Trial
- Effects of Grounding on Massage Therapists
- Electric Nutrition: The Surprising Health and Healing Benefits of Biological Grounding
- Electrical Grounding Improves Vagal Tone in Preterm Infants View study charts here
- Effects of Grounding on Body Voltage and Current in the Presence of Electromagnetic Fields
- Grounding After Moderate Eccentric Contractions Reduces Muscle Damage
- One-Hour Contact with the Earth’s Surface (Grounding) Improves Inflammation and Blood Flow—A Randomized, Double-Blind, Pilot Study
- The Effect of Grounding the Human Body on Mood
- Grounding the Human Body during Yoga Exercise with a Grounded Yoga Mat Reduces Blood Viscosity
- Research Review: The Effects of Grounding on Inflammation, the Immune Response, Wound Healing, and Prevention and Treatment of Chronic Inflammatory and Autoimmune Diseases − Journal of Inflammation Research
- Grounding the Human Body Improves Facial Blood Flow Regulation
- Differences in Blood Urea and Creatinine Concentrations in Earthed and Unearthed Subjects during Cycling Exercise and Recovery
Grounding the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease
Additionally, to view the Blood Viscosity Video Clip click here
- Grounding the Human Organism Influences Bioelectrical Processes
- Research Review: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth’s Surface Electrons −Journal of Environmental and Public Health
- The Neuromodulative Role of Grounding
- Emotional Stress, Heart Rate Variability, Grounding, and Improved Autonomic Tone: Clinical Applications
- Grounding the Human Body Influences Physiologic Processes. Editorial: Chronic Disease: Are We Missing Something?
- Pilot Study on the Effect of Grounding on Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness
- Changes in Pulse Rate, Respiratory Rate, Blood Oxygenation, Perfusion Index, Skin Conductance, and Their Variability Induced During and After Grounding Human Subjects for 40 Minutes
- The Effect Of Grounding On Human Physiology, Part 2
- The Effect Of Grounding On Human Physiology, Part 1
- The Effectiveness of a Conductive Patch and a Conductive Bed Pad in Reducing Induced Human Body Voltage Via the Application of Earth Ground
- The Biologic Effects of Grounding the Human Body During Sleep as Measured by Cortisol Levels and Subjective Reporting of Sleep, Pain, and Stress
- Medical Thermography Case Studies on Earthing 2004-2005
- Initial Grounding Experimentation, 2000